> On 21 January 2015 at 00:01, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemow...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The two articles combined make me wonder: if I cite a Wikimedia projects
>> page in a long-term document, should I link something like perma.cc or to
>> the oldid? I prefer the oldid, because I think it's every website's
>> responsibility to offer really permanent links.
>

> Mediaviewer does not in fact offer a permanent link.

Mediawiever makes it harder to reach the permanent link (at least 1
extra click), it does not get rid of it. The problem you describe also
occurs for articles moved without redirect, that's why the oldid
exist.

I too believe that it's every site's responsibility to offer
site's and reuser's control.

Strainu