On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Milos Rancic <mill...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would actually say: Is there a point to have a prescriptive work
> without ND clause?

Course there is. The text of the CC licenses, for example, is under CC0;
"Creative Commons" is trademarked and that trademark is used to prevent
misuse (but do not prevent e.g. translations). That is a fairly standard
arrangement for free documents which need to have an "official" version.

I would turn that question around: is there a point for a prescriptive work
to have an ND clause? If someone wrote their alternative version of the
Normative Grammar of Serbian Language from scratch, without reusing
creative elements of the existing text (keep in mind that non-creative
elements, which for a grammar I imagine is the majority of the content,
cannot be copyrighted), would that be somehow less problematic?