Pinging Analytics to ask about editor longevity data (:

My understanding is that newbies (<= 10 edits) are more likely to disappear
early in their "careers" than they were 5 years ago, but that editors that
have been active for years are likely to remain active for years.

It would be interesting, as part of the strategic plan process, to work on
improving editor retention. I believe that this may be related to our
treatment and training of newcomers (onboarding, civility, NPP, Teahouse,
etc.) in addition to external changes in our environment (e.g. the rise of
Facebook).

Pine

*This is an Encyclopedia* <https://www.wikipedia.org/>

*One gateway to the wide garden of knowledge, where lies The deep rock of
our past, in which we must delve The well of our future,The clear water we
must leave untainted for those who come after us,The fertile earth, in
which truth may grow in bright places, tended by many hands,And the broad
fall of sunshine, warming our first steps toward knowing how much we do not
know.*

*—Catherine Munro*