This is great, Emeric!  We’d be glad to take a look at this. :)

For our part, Wikimedia Philippines has a travel policy as part of our Expense
Policy, and it’s been working well for us for the last 3-4 years now.  We’ll be
glad to share our policy as well.

http://www.wikimedia.org.ph/wmph/Expense_Policy#A._Travel_expenses

Regards,

Josh

> Wiadomość napisana przez Emeric Vallespi <emeric.valle...@wikimedia.fr> w
> dniu 9 mar 2015, o godz. 16:49:
>
> Dear movement fellows,
>
> After our "Board handbook", we are pleased to share with you the
> Wikimédia France "Travel policy" (this time, in French and English!):
>
> (en) https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimédia_France/Politique_de_voyage/en
> (fr) https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimédia_France/Politique_de_voyage
>
> This document is the compilation and formalization of our expenses
> reimbursement's practices for several years.
> The main goal of this formalization is to clarify, for our various
> stakeholders in the organization, the expenses which can be reimbursed,
> the amounts, the conditions and the process.
> And because it's clearer we think that it's going to facilitate the
> volunteers involvement. Indeed, by knowing in advance if expenses can be
> covered, we are hoping that volunteers will take more initiatives to do
> projects, even if there is a cost.
> Of course, it facilitates the work of our treasurers and executive
> director who deal with the approval of expenses requests/reports,
> because the commons cases are anticipated in the policy, and now they
> have to intervene only for specific cases, which are less frequent.
>
> It is also ensuring a healthier governance: it clarifies the process of
> escalation if needed and it provides fairness for every requests' answers.
> Besides it allowed to define consensually the frame of reimbursements
> with different stakeholders.
>
> As it might be useful for other entities, we shared in a Learning
> Patternswhy we think it's useful for us to have this policy,what
> problems it solves and how we have solved them:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Learning_patterns/Travel_policy_−_defining_travel_support_conditions_to_further_volunteer_involvement
> Moreover, we did an "unofficial" translation of the policy (link above)
> to ease your feedback possibilities about this policy, about the process
> we followed or to be inspired by if you are thinking about such an
> initiative of document in your organization.
>
> Feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions of improvement.
> Cheers,
> --
> Emeric Vallespi
> Vice President
>
> Wikimédia France
> www.wikimedia.fr | Twitter: @Wikimedia_Fr
>
> Mob. +33 6 61 15 13 12 | emeric.valle...@wikimedia.fr
> <mailto:emeric.valle...@wikimedia.fr>
> Twitter: @evallespi

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

jamesjoshua...@yahoo.com <mailto:jamesjoshua...@yahoo.com> | +63 (915) 321-7582
Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://about.me/josh.lim <http://about.me/josh.lim>