Hi James

I often suspect copy-paste and find exact matches of the text
elsewhere. However, whereas one can painstakingly (unless there is a
trick that I am not aware of)  ascertain when text was enetered into
an article, it is not always possible to know when the other text
first appeared on the internet to know for sure who coppied who. From
my limited knowledge, I believe that some trace of the date of upload
must be retained somewhere in the code - will this bot be able to pick
up on that and provide a date?

Thanks and congratulations to all involved and for sharing.

Regards,

Rui

> The new and improved version of the copy and detection bot that we at [[WP:
> MED]] have been using for nearly a year [
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EranBot/Copyright here] is nearly ready
> to be expanded to other topic areas.
>
> It can be found here [
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EranBot/Copyright/rc]. If you install
> the common.js code it will give you buttons to click to indicate follow up
> of concerns. Additionally one can sort the edits in question by
> WikiProject. We are working to set up auto-archiving such that once
> concerns are dealt with they will be removed from the main list.
>
> We also want to have automatic compilation of data such as the frequency of
> true positives and false positives generated by the bot. A blacklist of
> sites that are know mirrors of Wikipedia is here [
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EranBot/Copyright/Blacklist]. As this
> list is improved / expanded the accuracy of the bot will improve. Many
> thanks to [[User:ערן]] for his amazing work.
>
> The bot also has  the potential to work in other languages.
>
> --
> James Heilman
> MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
>
> The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
> www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Work Consultant
Bridge to Angola - Angola Liaison Consultant

Mobile Number in South Africa +27 74 425 4186
Número de Telemóvel na África do Sul +27 74 425 4186