Back in 1989-90 I was working in a telecom company. We then said mobile phones can never really challange fixed phone as it is not at all reliable compared with fixed phone and will never be of the same quality. We then learnt "reliable enough for the purpose it it used for" as an explanation for the explosive use of mobiles for almost all usages

I use to to say Wikipedia consists of a number, say 1000, encyclopedias on different subject areas.

And I would say for something like 80% of these wp is reliable enough and in many cases outstanding compared to "competitors". In many subject areas there does not even exist an alternative.

But in some areas, say 20% of total there exist good alternatives if we look at content, and in some cases (like health) I see the demand for reliability and quality so high that perhaps wp can not be seen as the best alternative. (and the "Hot line" still rely on the fixed phone...)

I am proud to (again) be part of a movement that "wins" the world by producing "products" that are being reliable enough for its purpose at the same time being extremely easy to access and useful

Anders