James Alexander
Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> Philippe is on vacation, so I'm forwarding this to Rachel.
>
> Pine

He pops in every once in a while during his break but while he is away
Maggie and I are splitting his work up (and this is, for better or worse,
well before Rachel's time).

> On Apr 22, 2015 11:59 PM, "Pete Forsyth" <petefors...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Philippe, can you address what you were talking about here last fall --
> was
> > the draft feature, and the way it directed new contributors toward the
> > Articles for Creation process, the thing you alluded to, that WMF did in
> > response to ACTRIAL?
> >
> > If so -- has there been any study of whether its intended outcomes panned
> > out? If not -- could you outline what you meant by "[WMF] proposed and
> > built a set of tools to directly address that problem without
> compromising
> > the core value of openness"?
> >
> > Pete
> > [[User:Peteforsyth]]

I do not believe he was talking about the Draft feature, which came later.
I think he was referring to the Page Curation
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Page_Curation> tool which I know for a fact
was created in direct response to ACTRIAL because one of the big complaints
was the difficulty with patrolling new pages. While I wasn't directly
involved it was one of the first software products I remember (either as a
community member or staff member) the Foundation trying to engage closely
with the community throughout it's development to create something that
would work well. I also think it was the first product with a Community
Liaison (who, incidentally, had been the most active page patroller for
multiple years before as a community member).