A few thoughts:

1) We do not need more simple language Wikipedias. We need to make our
current Wikipedias simplier. Yes I know it is an uphill battle but we just
need more people working on it.

2) It is the editors of content who have the greater authority. Editors are
somewhat curtained by what sources are avaliable. As much published
material is US centric and the US government releases nearly everything
they produce under an open license this perspective has the upper hand. I
would tell Jean Marie Cavada that maybe if France / the EU was also to
publish everything they do under open licenses that would allow the
European perspective to gain greater promience. Maybe they could also
convince the World Health Organization of the importance of open licenses.

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

Starting July 2015 I am a board member of the Wikimedia Foundation
My emails; however, do not represent the official position of the WMF

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
www.opentextbookofmedicine.com