Hoi,
We can certainly aim to influence the owners.

What I have read about this subject is that it is as much about having
power produced that is green. We can invest in green energy and at all
times at least generate the amount of energy that we use in this way. As a
consequence we will increase the availability of green power and more
importantly we make a statement that is soo necessary. When we invest close
to our datacentres, we can push the utilities to transport the power (they
often do not want to) and maybe invest in clean power as well.

With the current plans of Mr Obama, we will see higher temperatures than
the 2 degrees Celsius that is considered safe. If every country uses the
USA as its yardstick, the Netherlands will prove to be closer to the arctic
than New York . This is relevant because the ice of the North Pole will
melt and the gulf stream will stop. We will get cold in winter.
Thanks,
     Gerardm