Thanks for the feedback, Romaine!

To your question, we have indeed observed this in some communities, and
have heard in interviews about the value and motivating force of  "editing
as a group".  We gave this some expression in the "Off wiki events"
section[1], and is indeed something that seems to work well in some (most?)
communities.

That said, these pages do not presume to be comprehensive, of course, and
neither the "challenges" nor the "potential approaches" sections should be
read as exclusive.  We welcome constructive contributions to those pages
(keeping in mind that the goal of the pages is to inform conversations
about actual capacity-building projects).

Cheers,

    Asaf

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Capacity_Development/New_contributor_engagement_and_growth#Off_wiki_events