IIRC we used to have the alternative URL

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikinews/fa/wiki/

in order to access

https://fa.wikinews.org/wiki

but it seems that these were turned into redirects, probably when the https
switch happened.

Would it be an idea to not make them redirects but return the content on
the wikimedia domain, or, even better, on the wikipedia domain (and maybe
any of our domains) as well?

Cheers,
Denny