I got it to work on Ubuntu 14.04 by approximately this method. It's
INCREDIBLY long winded, you have to download about a gigabyte of stuff
from Microsoft, one file didn't exist at the listed download site any
more and I had to get a questionable copy off someone's "saved stuff"
web directory, and after all that a pile of stuff doesn't work
properly. *However*, it is usable for real work without getting a
Windows box to run it on.