its not difficult to dress mutton up as lamb

consider if you will
This person has considerable experience in HR and collaborative efforts
with most of the largest multinational technology companies. Was
instrumental in the development of a cross industry HR process that ensured
employees looking to change between companies werent pressured into
revealing projects and propriety developments as part of the recruitment
process.

it like having a COI policy based on how much one owns of a company rather
how dependent one is on a company for their income, one person owning 10%
of x may have less than 1% of their overall investments in X, where as
someone with less than 1% may have 75% investments in X so therefore X is
more critical. Another person may have no investment in X but be employed a
supplier to X and derive their whole income from that  which person is more
likely to act with a COI.

It's a rhetorical question because each can choose not to, the only measure
that should consider is whether  the people will act in the best interest
of WMF/community within the standards we expect from trustees of the
community... most of us can identify a number of trusted(highly trusted)
contributors that divided the community over whats acceptable standards and
expectations and the resulting conflicts that occurred

Regardless of the selection process whether through a professional HR
company or a community consultation it is concerning that someone named as
defendant in a substantive court matter would be recommended for a position
of trust with a charity before the matter was resolved especially
considering that an associated court action found that wrong doing had
taken place.

What ever process was used its definitely broken,

Cheers
Gnangarra