On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The cause of this was not the recent drama around the Board, but a
> recommendation given by the FDC in November 2015, that the WMF should hold
> its own financial decisions to a standard similar to that expected of the
> organizations it funds.

Yes, the FDC has been in discussion about this since at least 2013, and my
hope is that 2016 will start a good example and tradition.

In principle, the way I see it (and it is my personal view only), there
should be different standards for small/grassroot organizations (let's say,
up to 100,000$ budget), medium ones (100k-1m), and the large, fully
professional ones, including WMF, so I think that as a final outcome WMF
should set standards, that will be higher than required from most of the
organizations. But one step at a time.

best,

dariusz

--

__________________________
prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak

członek Akademii Młodych Uczonych Polskiej Akademii Nauk
członek Komitetu Polityki Naukowej MNiSW

Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University Press) mojego
autorstwa http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Recenzje
Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Pacific Standard: