Hello all!

Two days ago, around the 15th birthday of Wikipedia, the Dutch Wikipedia
community awarded in seven categories the users and projects most valued
for their contributions to Wikipedia in the past year.

In seven categories a WikiOwl has been awarded, symbolizing the ancient
Greek owl for wisdom and knowledge. Free knowledge!

The WikiOwls given recognition and appreciation for all the work done by
the users and their projects. Recognition and appreciation that stimulates
and gives much enthusiasm to enrich the world of free knowledge even more,
essential for Wikipedia's continuation.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiUilen
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiUilen/2015

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WikiUilen_2015_%283%29.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WikiEule2015-DD1.JPG
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WikiEulen_2.jpg

This makes me think again about Wikimania in the past years. The
conferences are great and have a nice program. At the same time I sense
something important is missing. I miss in the large plenary sessions the
attention for specific users and their projects that are of most value for
the movement.

Wikimania is the conference intended for contributors to share their
experiences, learn about best practises, work together to use the synergy
to get done more. That is what this community conference is about.

Hopefully we will fill this small but important gap of the plenary
session(s) with the coming Wikimania, and have more attention for the
specific contributions that we as community value most. Let's have many
many users inspired by great ideas that they can bring home and into
practise.

Thank you.

Romaine