On 2016-01-20 10:09 PM, Risker wrote:
Marc is not a member of the WMF staff.

[anymore].

But yeah, that was my personal opinion only and not any sort of staff-like thing - I was never involved in superprotect or its deployment.

I was hacking happily at Wikimania in London when I saw (a) parts of dewiki go insane over the media viewer followed by (b) parts of WMF go insane over the parts of dewiki going insane. Hilarity ensued. My own reaction at the time, if I recall correctly, was "what an idiot" followed by "is [Erik] insane? That is the single worst way of handling this". Both were accompanied with copious facepalms.

-- Marc