On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 2:18 AM, Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> (It would be interesting to hear some better experiences: ways in which our
> AB has been useful over the years.)

+ AB members usually submits names for trustee and exec searches, when they
are aware of those searches. It was a rec from the Advisory Board that
identified Bishakha as a potential Trustee, for instance.

+ The advisors were invited to a 2-day strategy session at Wikimania Egypt,
which contributed to an early version of the WMF's strategy.  And a number
of them participated directly in the 2009 strategy process.

I hope that the advisors are engaged more for nominations for future
appointees, for connections with potential partners, and in the {coming /
perennial} strategy process; all areas where their breadth of field would
be useful.

Sam