Dear colleagues,

These are difficult and confusing times.  Many of you are puzzled or
receiving partial and possibly contradictory bits and pieces of news.

As a service to the community, I feel I must point out that significantly
more conversation is taking place -- for whatever reason -- on the (public)
Wikipedia Weekly facebook group[1].

Without endorsing that choice of venue (the issues with Facebook are fairly
well-known), it does appear that if you want significantly more
information, you should head on over there and read through the last couple
of weeks' posts. (much information is in the comments)

(if you are inspired to collect and preserve useful information from there
on Meta, that would be best.)

In solidarity,

   Asaf

[1] https://www.facebook.com/groups/wikipediaweekly/