Well, the traits mentioned in the BI article are so commonplace in
management literature (I can remember studying basically that same list
almost 30 years ago) that they're kind of like mom and apple pie.  There's
a bit less emphasis on command and control, and a bit more human interest
emphasis, but these supposedly effective traits have been set down on paper
for over a generation now.  There's nothing new in what Facebook finds
makes an effective manager. And more particularly, what's talked about in
that article is so generic it could apply equally to a factory, a
commercial enterprise, or a non-profit.

It strikes me that the key question the Board needs to think about is
whether they want a manager, a leader or a visionary.

Risker/Anne