On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Keegan Peterzell <keegan.w...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Ziko van Dijk <zvand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually, I am quite appalled by the article. Whether one wants to see
>> something positive in pirating or not, the Wikimedia servers are not meant
>> for this purpose (for good reasons). Breaking rules and taking abuse of an
>> opportunity is not a goal by itself.
>> Kind regards
>> Ziko
>>

> ​Call it what you want, but the world is changed when ordinary people who
> are just trying to do ordinary things​
>
> ​have a roadblock put in front of them. This is that kind of thing, and
> it's the "revolution" power of the distributed internet.​ We can shut them
> down, but Angolans are going to find another way to do the very things that
> those with full access to the internet take for granted. As Jason says, we
> should take great caution and give deep thought before taking a binary side.

​Oh, and I'm not condoning the behavior or use of Wikimedia servers, but I
do think that the entire situation is much more nuanced than the simplicity
of "that's wrong."​

--
~Keegan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan

This is my personal email address. Everything sent from this email address
is in a personal capacity.