Dear Wikimedians,

We are happy to announce that the 2015 Picture of the Year
competition is now open.

 Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the
international Wikimedia Commons community. From professional animal and plant
shots to
breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant
images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems,
diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human
portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.

For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two
rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many
images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten
overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited
number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want
to become the Picture of the Year.

Users must vote with an account meeting following requirements:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2015/Rules

To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2015 page on Wikimedia
Commons:  https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2015

Round 1 will end 10 April 2016.

Thanks,
POTY 2015 committee