Following my removal from the WMF board, Jimmy Wales publicly stated

“But in this case, it isn't relevant as this was a removal for cause.--Jimbo
Wales <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jimbo_Wales> (talk
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jimbo_Wales#top>) 08:54, 30
December 2015 (UTC)”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jimbo_Wales/Archive_201

If I was removed “for cause” by my fellow board members I would like to
request a written statement outlining what this cause was. In a Dec 30th,
2015 personal email JW touched on two potential reasons but they are
unfounded. If these are indeed the reasons I was removed, I feel a public
discussion would be useful.

If JW was not speaking in an official capacity and I was not removed “for
cause”, I would like to request a statement from the board to that effect.

Sincerely
--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian