Hoi,

> I think one of the key takeaways from this affair is that people should be
> careful about talking the law.

An apt observation

In context of the 'absolute right of (individual) directors to inspect
corporate books and records', did the community director actually ask
to access the Foundation records and was his request formally denied ?

Director's right, are subject to exceptions and can be denied where a
disgruntled director shows intention to violate his or her fiduciary
duties to the corporation (TRITEK TELECOM INC v. SUPERIOR COURT),

Toby
www.cyberlegal.net