Great to know Ivan. All the best for Wikimedia Mexico.

Hasive
WMBD

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 5:43 AM, Ivan Martínez <gala...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> This June, Wikimedia Mexico will run the editathon* 72 hours with Rodin*
> a huge journey from June 9 to 12 at Museo Soumaya[1]. This time we're
> trying to break our previous record (60 continuous hours), this time we're
> trying to achieve an even greater marathon: more than 70 continuous hours
> editing Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata and Wikisource. We are
> celebrating the arrival to the museum of one of Auguste Rodin's
> masterpieces: ''The Gates of Hell'', so, we will have a celebration about
> art and free knowledge which will include talks, theater pieces, guided
> tours, workshops and fun time activities as karaoke nights. You saw it at
> Wikimania, Wikimedia Mexico volunteers love fun also :) The museum will be
> open also to public during that 72 hours.
>
> The editathon will focus on Auguste Rodin works and the Museo Soumaya
> collections, but beyond that we have higher goals like completing the full
> list of museums in Mexico and at least 50 biographies on importan women in
> art and feminism as part of our permanent and transversal Gender Gap
> Reduction Strategy. In this list (in Spanish)[2] you can find more about
> the event and the list of articles. As in other editathons at Museo
> Soumaya[3], we are inviting all Wikimedia chapters and affiliates to join
> this effort and support us translating articles to more languages. As you
> can see in the list, this time we are doing a detailed logistic which
> involves pairing Wikimedia Mexico volunteers with museum staff (researchers
> and/or curators), aiming to increase experience of the museum’s staff on
> Wikipedia.
>
> *72 hours with Rodin* will pursuit to set a new record and it’s an event
> prepared since January, escalating in intensity since two months ago with
> the coordination by Andrés Cruz y Corro (User:Andycyca), head of volunteers
> in Wikimania 2015. As a matter of fact, 60% of the Wikimania 2015 Yellow
> Army will be present on the event.
>
> We will love to have support from Wikimedia community in the translation
> of the articles produced in the editathon to more languages of the globe.
> Please don’t hesitate if you want to join the editathon!
>
> Best,
>
> Iván Martínez
> President
> Wikimedia Mexico
>
> [1]
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiproyecto:Museo_Soumaya/Editat%C3%B3n_72_Horas_con_Rodin
> [2]
> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiproyecto:Museo_Soumaya/Editat%C3%B3n_72_Horas_con_Rodin/Art%C3%ADculos_a_editar
> [3]
> https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/11/05/50-hours-of-art-the-museo-soumaya-editathon/
>

> // Mis comunicaciones respecto a Wikipedia/Wikimedia pueden tener una
> moratoria en su atención debido a que es un voluntariado.
> // Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora: https://donate.wikimedia.org

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752
​
Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive | www.nhasive.com