Thank you, Pax/Funcrunch, for bringing this topic to the broad wikimedia
community. I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience contributing to
Wikipedia. And I'm glad that you are staying around to add and improve
content, and also to offer your ideas about how to address harassment.

I appreciate that the WMF staff is working on keeping the Inspire Campaign
pages a safe and friendly place to contribute ideas. I hope that some
people with admin, oversight, and checkuser privileges on meta are helping
out, too, because it will be better if it is a shared job.

I too am disappointed that so many of the options getting broad support are
suggesting that the target of harassment needs to be fixed or that they
should leave or reduce their participation in the wikimedia movement in
order to reduce disruption on wiki.

I know that there are many oversighter, checkusers, and stewards all across
the movement who are working hard to fight disruption from trolls and
harassers. But right now we are stuck without outdated tools and processes
to combat harassment.

I know that if we put our minds to finding better solutions, we will! :-)

I look forward to reading more ideas!
Warm regards,
Sydney

Sydney Poore