Such beautiful photographs. Congratulations to all of the contributors. I
love that our minds and photos are venturing beyond this world in many of
the contributions, as well as showcasing the beauty of our home planet. :)

Again, congratulations. Beautiful work.
/a

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Steinsplitter Wiki <
steinsplit...@wikipedia.de> wrote:

> Dear Wikimedians,
>

> The tenth Picture of the Year competition (2015) has ended and we are
> pleased to announce the results:
>
> In both rounds, people voted for their favorite media files.
>
> In Round 1, there were 1322 candidate images.In the second round, people
> voted for the 56 finalists (the R1 top 30 overall and top 2 in each
> category).
>

> We congratulate the winners of the contest and thank them for
> creating these beautiful media files and sharing them as freely licensed
>  content:
>
> 658 people voted for the winner, File:Pluto-01 Stern 03 Pluto Color
> TXT.jpg (
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pluto-01_Stern_03_Pluto_Color_TXT.jpg
> )
> In second place, 617 people voted for File:Nasir-al molk -1.jpg (
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nasir-al_molk_-1.jpg)
> In third place, 582 people voted for File:Heavens Above Her.jpg (
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Heavens_Above_Her.jpg)
>

> See
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2015/Results
> to view the top images »
>

> We also sincerely thank to all voters for participating. We invite you to
> continue to participate in the Commons community by sharing your work.
>

> Thanks,
> Steinsplitter on behalf of
> the Picture of the Year committee

Anna Stillwell