I'm surprised one of my UK Ministry of Defence uploads is on the list. Nice
reward to start the weekend.

Fae
On 10 Jun 2016 17:29, "Steinsplitter Wiki" <steinsplit...@wikipedia.de>
wrote:

Dear Wikimedians,

The tenth Picture of the Year competition (2015) has ended and we are
pleased to announce the results:

In both rounds, people voted for their favorite media files.

In Round 1, there were 1322 candidate images.In the second round, people
voted for the 56 finalists (the R1 top 30 overall and top 2 in each
category).

We congratulate the winners of the contest and thank them for
creating these beautiful media files and sharing them as freely licensed
 content:

658 people voted for the winner, File:Pluto-01 Stern 03 Pluto Color TXT.jpg
(
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pluto-01_Stern_03_Pluto_Color_TXT.jpg
)
In second place, 617 people voted for File:Nasir-al molk -1.jpg (
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nasir-al_molk_-1.jpg)
In third place, 582 people voted for File:Heavens Above Her.jpg (
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Heavens_Above_Her.jpg)

See
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2015/Results
to view the top images »

We also sincerely thank to all voters for participating. We invite you to
continue to participate in the Commons community by sharing your work.

Thanks,
Steinsplitter on behalf of
the Picture of the Year committee