Without weighing in on the specific's of Mitar's case, I think this is a good suggestion. I created my first Wikipedia article in 2009, after I'd been registered on the site for a few months but only had a few edits to my name. My article was on a living musician/composer, and was, rightfully I think, tagged for notability. It wasn't deleted though (I did improve it with more sources), and that article is still up today.

Regardless, it would have been good for me to get more experience by improving other articles before creating one myself. Even now, seven years later, I don't create many new articles, preferring to work on existing ones. Whenever I do create a new article, I always work up a solid version, with good sources, in my userspace first.

- Pax, aka Funcrunch