Anna, I am surprised at your pessimism

I see cases over and over again how we "find a way to turn our culture toward more generative and constructive forms of public discourse"

See how our Armenian friends is doing wonders turning their closest surrounding into being open in a very tough culture

remember how our Bangladesh friends managed to get their orglicense from authorities without paying bribes, just being true to our culture

read almost every week how we manage to get the GLAM sector into being more cooperative and positive to disseminating knowledge with inspiration from us

Please do not concentrate too much on enwp and US

Anders