On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> What the current state of play is that the WIkimaps people have it that it
> cannot be done. That it will be denied.

I don't understand your point. To be honest, I don't understand the
relation between Wikimaps (I understand it's this:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikimaps ) and
OpenStreetMap

> So no. Could we have it and if so, THEN we may ask he Haitian community if
> they want it. The same thing applies to other Wikipedias that want to show
> maps of Haiti.

On the Italian Wikipedia we can see OSM maps of Haiti (see
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiti on the top right the link "Mappa"
will popup the OSM map of Haiti); I guess the community asked at some
point.
I don't know how it works on mobiles, and whether it would work on
Wikipedia Zero programs, but on a technical level it is definitely
doable.

Marco