From: Florence Devouard <fdevou...@gmail.com>
Sender: "Wikimedia-l" <wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 14:01:14
To: <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Occupation of Women on WikiData

This is a tool done by Envel Le Hir using WikiData and published today.

I actually inspired him the idea during a conference, when talking of my
desire to get generic data about women professionnal occupation. My main
argument is that I felt many of the added biographies about women were
about actors, singers, or football players. Much less about politicians
and business. But it was a "guess" and I wanted more hard data.

And apparently... he got busy

http://tools.dicare.org/gaps/gender.php

Ok.
Hard data (1950-2005 birth dates):
* 80% of the biographies of porn actors are about women.
* 98.3% of beauty pageant contestants are about women.
* 24% of politicians are about women
* 8.4% of computer scientists are about women.

Or ... In Algeria... the more popular occupation of women by far is...
Volley Ball !
In France... actors.
And in Guinea... well... hard to say... only 17 biographies about
Guinean women anyway.

Florence