James

To take your points in reverse order: I was quoting from the big box on the
front page at https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home

As to the first point, I think it is rather for those asserting that some
particular point falls within the Foundation's mission to make their case
that it would be a justifiable use of the donations that were given for the
furtherance of that mission.  It is not clear that improving the "readers
ability to access information without threat of eavesdropping by commercial
interests" is a primary component of a mission "to empower and engage
people around the world to collect and develop educational content under a free
license <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/en:free_content> or in the public
domain, and to disseminate it effectively and globally" if that is the
formulation you prefer.  They may be cognate, but they are not the same.

Since it is so well established, in your opinion, that "privacy is
essential to [...] the creation of educational content by Foundation
volunteers", perhaps you would be so kind as to point to the place where
that irrefutable argument is made public?  Particularly since many
volunteers clearly do not feel inhibited about contributing under their own
names.  Privacy may indeed be essential to "unfettered" access, but "free"
and "unfettered" are not quite synonymous.

"Rogol"