For what it's worth, I noted that when I tended the State of the Map USA
conference last year, there seemed to be a *higher* representation of women
in the conference than there were at the WikiConference USA events that
I've attended. I was surprised to hear the presenter say that OSM has 95%+
male participation, and I'd like to know the origin of that number. I was
so impressed by the relatively high percentage of female participants at
State of the Map USA that I had a conversation with one of the organizers
about how OSM seemed to be much more successful than Wikimedia at engaging
female contributors. Perhaps there are at least some places in which OSM
has relatively good gender diversity.

Pine