Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the info. Perhaps the statistics have changed since 2010. Are
you aware of any more recent studies?

It's entirely possible that the conference that I attended was an anomaly,
but in any case it would be good to have a more recent study (preferably
with a larger sample size and information about how sampling was done) if
that kind of information is available.

"Mapping parties" seem to be common in OSM, and if they're successful in
narrowing the gender gap that information might be of interest to Leila
given the kind of research that she's planning to do with trying to engage
cohorts of users in Wikimedia. If you know of research about about the
success of mapping parties with regards to diversity, it would be nice if
you could share.

Thanks,

Pine