On 27 August 2017 at 17:40, Rogol Domedonfors <domedonf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One issue I have observed is that list members in their zeal to be helpful
> can sometimes obscure the issue.  For example, if one asks "What is the
> Foundations policy on X?", it is apt to start up a discussion about X, or
> about what the policy might be, or ought to be, or what English-language
> Wikipedians think of X, rather than what the WMF policy on X actually is.

In future, please address such questions to the WMF (assuming you have
searched for the answer on their wiki and cannot find it there). You
might usefully include with your question a request that they post
their answer on the wiki, if it is not already there.

That way the kind of diversions which you mention above will not
happen; and list members will not be troubled with requests not meant
for them.