From: Kirill Lokshin
Sent: 08 November 2017 17:03
To: Wikimedia Mailing List; Wikimedia Movement Affiliates discussion list
Subject: [Affiliates] New Affiliations Committee appointments

Hi everyone,

A bit delayed, but we are happy to share that Olaniyan Olushola and Jack Farah
Mustaklem have appointed to the Affiliations Committee as new members.  In
addition, three incumbent members (Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight, Tanweer Morshed
and Salvador Alcantar) have been re-appointed for an additional term.

Here are Olushola and Farah, or Jack, in their own words:

Jack Farah Mustaklem:

I'm a Palestinian volunteer editor on Wikipedia from Jerusalem, and Founding
member and  treasurer of Wikimedians of the Levant User Group, and the
representative in Palestine. I have been a Wikimedian since 2005, editing both
the English and Arabic Wikipedias. I have a passion for the free dissemination
of knowledge. Most recently, I have been coordinating activities of the
Wikipedia Education Program in Palestine, at both the high school and
university levels. Outside of the movement, Jack is an advocate of free
knowledge, a software engineer, and a father of three.

Olaniyan Olushola:

My name is Olaniyan Olushola, an accountant by profession, founding member and
president of Wikimedia User Group Nigeria.[1] I am an active Wikimedian and
member of the community with various contributions to Wikimedia projects. I
have organized several Wikimedia project in the last few years. I organized
Wiki Loves Africa 2015 and 2016 in Nigeria. I participated in Wiki Indaba 2014
and WikiAfrica/OpenAfrica15,[2] a conference for Wikipedians In Residence,
organized by WikiAfrica in Johannesburg, South Africa. I coordinated Wikipedia
15 in Nigeria[3] and Wiki loves Nigeria Writing Contest, organized as part of
Wikipedia @15 celebration in Nigeria.[4] I coordinated Wiki Loves Women in
Nigeria and my work was extensively covered by multiple newspapers in
Nigeria.[5] I coordinated Wiki Photo Tour in Nigeria through a Wikimedia
Foundation grant support in 2016.[6] I conceptualized a media partnership
between Wikimedia UG Nigeria and Blackface Media,[7] a radio program that runs
every Wednesday called Time-Out with Wikipedia. I am the lead presenter on
Wikimedia Radio and TV program. I established Wikimedia Fan Club at Lagos State
University, University of Ibadan and Wikimedia Hub, Nigerian Institute of
Journalism (NIJ). I am also the project coordinator for "She Can with ICT", a
project that focus on training Nigerian female students on how to contribute to
Wikimedia project. We are currently mentoring over twenty five potential
editors, through Wikimedia Outreach dashboard this project. [8]

I led Wikimedia UG Nigeria to sign a partnership agreement with Goge Africa,[9]
with the aim of improving African based articles on Wikipedia with volume of
free images.  Presently, we have finalized a new partnership agreement with a
WFM 91.7  [10] to broadcast Wiki Loves Women on radio  and also to create
awareness about Wikimedia projects.

If I am not on Wikipedia, I work as consultant in the area of Software
Deployment and Asset Management. I am married with two lovely kids.

We anticipate starting the next round of committee appointments in December,
and hope that everyone interested in working with Wikimedia affiliates will
consider applying!

Regards,

Kirill Lokshin
Chair, Affiliations Committee