What Net Neutrality is talking about is not creating a payTV format where
you pay for channels(sites)  more you pay the more you can access.
 Wikipedia Zero is different as its focus isnt on accessing the site its
about making that access free from mobile/cell data charges in place where
the primary net connection is via mobile/cell services.

What I'm reading is a conflagration between freely accessing Wikipedia as a
site(or any other site) and getting that data free as in beer.   Its like
driving a car on the road net neutrality is being able to drive on the road
without tolls and WP0 is about fuel economy of the vehicle you drive

On 27 November 2017 at 16:29, Todd Allen <toddmal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is rather unfortunate that we went ahead with things like "Wikipedia
> Zero" without objection. It rather undermines our moral authority to demand
> net neutrality, and now that's really needed. Someone could easily say "But
> you support non-neutral schemes when it benefits you!", and not be far
> wrong.
>
> Todd
>
> On Nov 26, 2017 2:49 AM, "Vi to" <vituzzu.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have to rely upon my knowledge of plans in EU, I may be wrong with
> other
> > "rich Countries", if so please make me aware of.
> >
> > Time-based tariffs are in "rich countries" are almost out of business.
> Also
> > data, cheaper data plans currently includes enough data to make surfing
> WMF
> > sites impact very few upon overall consumption. How can you tell "who" is
> > eligible for WP0? By "who" I mean which countries/places, telco users,
> etc.
> > A line between "rich" and "poor" countries is "easy" to draw, others
> > aren't.
> >
> > Making zero-carrier a default for all of the World would make me drop my
> > objections. But we firstly need to find a safe and cheap (in terms of
> > efforts) way to stop abuses, though most of abuses come from Countries
> > where data traffic is really expensive.
> >
> > Finally a question: do we have reports about WP0? I mean, traffic, number
> > of users served, pages delivered, costs?
> >
> > Vito

> > > Hoi,
> > > While the USA is considered a developed country, the people in the USA
> > who
> > > have least to spend are probably as deserving of zero rated Wikimedia
> > > service as many of the people who do get Wikipedia Zero elsewhere. The
> > > article indicates that our mission is to bring information to people
> and
> > > that is no different in the USA.  With Wikipedia and its sister
> projects
> > > considered as a way to bring quality, neutral point of view
> information,
> > it
> > > would even serve as a means to combat the misinformation that will
> > benefit
> > > from zero rating of information.
> > >
> > > Zero rating is bad in so many ways but your argument does only say that
> > it
> > > was originally intended for developed countries. When there is a
> benefit
> > > our readers I only see upsides in promoting the use of Wikimedia
> content
> > in
> > > this way and no reason not to have Wikimedia Zero in the USA.
> > > Thanks,
> > >       GerardM

> > has
> [2][3]),
> > > I’m
> > positively
> [...]

GN.
Noongarpedia: https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/nys/Main_Page
Out now: A.Gaynor, P. Newman and P. Jennings (eds.), *Never Again:
Reflections on Environmental Responsibility after Roe 8*, UWAP, 2017.  Order
here
<https://uwap.uwa.edu.au/products/never-again-reflections-on-environmental-responsibility-after-roe-8>
.