Hoi,
If anything it is proof that a quality standard allows for change.

In Michael Everson, a member of the standards world, we have someone who
was asked to become a member of the Wikimedia language committee. Over the
years he has provided us with several important services. This is only one.

Once we had a really strong team of people who were at the forefront of
language technology. There is no longer the same attention for  supporting
languages and the scripts used by languages. What is done at this time by
people like Santosh is done in their spare time. We could do more and we
don't. We do not support the SignWriting font even though it will support
all sign languages.

Yes, congratulations are due to Michael, to ISO, to the people who took
their time to champion the Western Armenian language and indeed, the result
is wonderful.
Thanks,
      GerardM