1. Happy to rediscover Clipboard History plugin in Chrome. It saves
the frustration of hunting around, or rewording, a reusable snippet of
wikitext on Commons image pages.
2. As part of a Commons discussion on copyright, for the first time in
a couple of years created a flowchart, and experienced the same
pleasure in setting out logic in this old fashioned way as I used to
experience in the 1980s. ... Do kids learn about von Neumann these
days?

Links
*
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clipboard-history-2/ajiejmhbejpdgkkigpddefnjmgcbkenk
*
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Commons_flowchart_for_old_public_domain_images.svg
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann

On 11 March 2018 at 05:08, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's making me happy this week:
>
> 1. A recent entry in the Mozilla Blog discussed the possible value of
> anonymity in decreasing bias in code review processes:
> https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2018/03/08/gender-bias-code-reviews/
>
> 2. The opt-in "pingback" telemetry from MediaWiki installations, which is
> available since March 2017, suggests that there are more than 40,000 unique
> installations. See:
> https://pingback.wmflabs.org,
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgPingback and
> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/MediaWiki_Pingback_Privacy_Statement.
>
> There is also some news which is a little older and I am now getting around
> to sharing here:
>
> 3. A research project has been started which aims to test whether vandal
> activity can be detected in (near) real time, which may open opportunities
> for interventions earlier in the process of publishing edits. See
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/ai/2018-January/000221.html.
>
> What's making you happy this week? You are welcome to write in any language.
>
> Pine
> ( https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine )

Personal and confidential, please do not circulate or re-quote.