For a few years an interest of mine has been the possibility of Wikimedians
collaborating with North American indigenous peoples to educate the public
about North American indigenous languages, cultures, histories, and
religions.

In 2014, the *Signpost *published a report
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2014-07-02/WikiProject_report>
regarding English Wikipedia's WikiProject Indigenous Peoples of North
America.

In 2016, a keynote speaker at WikiConference North America was Stanley
Rodriguez, a member of the Santa Ysabel Band of the Iipay Nation and an
instructor of the Kumeyaay language
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumeyaay_language>.

In February 2018, the Affiliations Committee recognized the Wikimedians of
North American Indigenous Languages User Group
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedians_of_North_American_Indigenous_Languages_User_Group>.

Last week, those of us who participated in a United States Wikimedians
meeting had a brief discussion about the new user group.

I am grateful that there is interest in this subject among a variety of
Wikimedians in North America.

Perhaps you are wondering what the word "ullaakuut" means. It is a greeting
in Inuktitut <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuktitut>. (Experts in the
language are welcome to correct me or to provide additional information.)

What's making you happy this week? You are welcome to comment in any
language.

Pine