From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Jean-Philippe Béland
Sent: 10 May 2018 15:01
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Gendergap approach causing problems

"Nothing odd, it's baked in: Wikipedia is a summary of the canon of
knowledge, the corpus of generally accepted knowledge."

But it is what we accept as part of the canon of "knowledge" as Wikipedia
that could be improved. We have a very western approach to that saying that
it needs to be published in such books or journals to be notable enough,
when different cultures use different ways to build their canon of
knowledge.

JP
User:Amqui

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 5:53 AM FRED BAUDER <fredb...@fairpoint.net> wrote:

> [...]