On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 9:16 PM, David Cuenca Tudela <dacu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't like to think in drastic terms like these because it fails to
> recognize the amount of good will that has been poured into the process and
> the selection of participants by the Strategy team. It is perhaps more
> interesting to think in terms of opportunities. The issues have been
> already pointed out, some possible solutions have been put forward, and
> perhaps there are even more options for participation that we are not aware
> of. I trust that the Strategy team will come up with ways to close the
> gaps, and the best we can do is offer our assistance to make things better.
> In the end this is a matter of work... work to have discussions, work to
> make them productive, work to find consensuses, work to make the
> consensuses legitimate, work to inform about it... so I see plenty of
> opportunities to give a hand anywhere and make life easier to those
> involved.

I do not know what really happened but if I listen to what has been said
here and earlier on similar occasions, my conclusion is that for the
Strategy Team we - volunteers who are working on the projects but are not
associated with the chapters, do not show up at Wikimania, do not attend
real-life tutorials organized by WMF - just do not exist.

If this is the case, this is a serious gap to be bridged. So far I have net
see even an acknowledgement of its existence.

Cheers
Yaroslav