What are the steps now?

It is clear to me and others that this strategy initiative could not reach
new faces, especially those more engaged with editing. Or they were
reached, but not selected for some reason.

In case it is desired, whoever is in charge of this process should start
thinking on ways of reaching them or invite others to think with and  find
a solution.

In case it is not desired, it should be clarified to broad community.

I see very good names on the groups and I don’t mean to discredit the work,
good faith, and the value of the whole process, but I just don’t think it
is the right path when editorial community is set aside intentionally or
not.

Best regards.

Teles

Em sáb, 28 de jul de 2018 às 18:11, Gerard Meijssen <
gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> Hoi,
> I have. I have heard a very senior person in the WMF state that English is
> the only relevant language..
>
> PS We did not agree on that one ..
>
> Thanks,
>        GerardM
>
> On 27 July 2018 at 13:35, Paulo Santos Perneta <paulospern...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Jane,
> >

> > ​
> > I think that we are in fact split down the middle into parties that
> believe
> > "some languages are better than others" and "let's save all existing
> > languages on the planet, including all of their fonts ever used on- and
> > offline".
> >
> > ​I don't know why do you wrote this, as I never had this impression, at
> > all. We are split by languages since ​the Babel Tower was embargoed by
> God,
> > but I never, ever remember hearing someone saying or even hinting that
> > "some languages are better than others".
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> > Paulo

> > > Hmm. Yes and no. Yes the May 2017 conference suffered from some
> > interesting
> > > selection bias, but no the people there were not all brainwashed into
> > > forgetting their "wildness". We are all still wild wild Wikipedians at
> > > heart, speaking for the 2006 cohort in its entirety. I really doubt
> > whether
> > > the WMF is trying to shove us all in a direction of their choosing.
> > > ​​
> > > I think
> > > that we are in fact split down the middle into parties that believe
> "some
> > > languages are better than others" and "let's save all existing
> languages
> > on
> > > the planet, including all of their fonts ever used on- and offline".
> Then
> > > there is a huge discrepancy in workflow for these people and the folks
> > who
> > > work in just one language and never think of language as a movement
> topic
> > > at all. Among this monolingual crowd (many of whom do not subscribe to
> > any
> > > mailing list or other communication outlets) are the overlapping groups
> > > between the "field workers" and the "library workers". The field
> workers
> > > tend to operate more by a "drive-by" methodology, and the "library
> > workers"
> > > tend to operate more by a "step-by-step" methodology. I respectfully
> > submit
> > > that we have all dabbled in all of these worlds and therefore we all
> have
> > > enough common sense to shout "Whoa!" if something really really wrong
> > gets
> > > proposed. But in the past I have felt quite strongly that something was
> [...]

Steward for Wikimedia projects. Administrator at Portuguese Wikipedia and
Wikimedia Commons.
Sent from mobile. Please, excuse my brevity.

+55 (71) 99707 6409