When I was at the WMF, one of the things that I most appreciated about
Gayle, our CTCO at the time, was that she always made sure there were
spaces where I, or other deep introverts, could go to reset.  What I liked
about it was that she always had them adjacent to the main activities - for
instance, I could go to a corner of the main area and be alone while
listening to the speaker, as opposed to being surrounded by coworkers at a
table.  I could still engage, but could do it in an area of relative calm.
I would encourage that type of thinking - not just a "total disconnect and
withdraw" model.

Philippe