User:SuperHamster <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SuperHamster> has
done a remarkable amount of volunteering for Wikimedia in the United States
this year. In addition to supporting the Ohio Wikimedians User Group
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-October/091277.html>,
this year he was an organizer for both Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 in the
United States
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2018_in_the_United_States>
(which had over 10,000 entries and almost 2,000 participants), and
WikiConference
North America 2018 <https://wikiconference.org/wiki/2018/Main_Page> which
took place at the Ohio State University Libraries and the Columbus
Metropolitan Library.

Deb <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:DTankersley_(WMF)> sent two emails
to Wikitech-l with many links regarding the events at the Wikimedia
Technical Conference. [1
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2018-October/091041.html>]
[2
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2018-October/091048.html>].
I encourage anyone who would like to know what happened at the conference
to read Deb's emails.

Wikidata's sixth birthday
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Sixth_Birthday> is on 29 October
2018. I will take this opportunity to say that, from my perspective, I
think that Lydia <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Lydia_Pintscher_(WMDE)>
has done a lot of good work on Wikidata, and I think that the project is
flourishing partly due to her consistently good execution. She doesn't call
a lot of attention to herself, but I think that what she has done is
impressive.

What's making you happy this week? You are welcome to comment in any
language.

Pine