I think that the proposals are worth considering, although my wish list for
reforming the WMF Board has other priorities at this time (especially
regarding transparency, and the changing of the Founder's seat to a
community-selected seat). I think that these proposals should wait until
after the Strategy process is further along.

I note the concerns that people have expressed about both proposals, both
here and on the talk page. I encourage the Board and staff to avoid
becoming locked into defending the proposals and pushing them through in
their current forms.

However, I think that the Board should be encouraged to make proposals to
the community like this, and I thank the Board for making these proposals
open for public discussion.

Pine