Are you talking about deleting revisions? There is a global policy on this,
found here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Oversight_policy

There are local rules as well, compiled here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Oversight_policy/Local_policies

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Revision_deletion

Cheers,
Marielle