On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 20:45, María Sefidari <msefid...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I am  very happy to share news with you of our latest appointment to the
> Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. Please join me in welcoming Lisa
> Lewin as our newest Trustee!

Now on Wikidata as:

   https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q61295542

Unfortunately we don't seem to have a free image of Lisa; the one used
on the Wikimedia blog is the same as her long-standing Twitter profile
image and, despite the footer on the WMF post about her appointment:,
which uses the image, saying

https://wikimediafoundation.org/2019/01/31/wikimedia-foundation-announces-lisa-lewin-as-new-trustee/

saying "Except where otherwise noted, the content of this site is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
license.", there is no explicit indication that it has (nor indeed has
not) been released under an open licence.

I feel for WMF staff when some members of the community continually
criticise what they do; but I'm sure I'm not the first person to quite
reasonably point out that WMF really ought to lead by example in being
clear about licensing, and making media available freely wherever
possible.