Some news:

I managed to get vocal approval of the proposal to transfer Wiki-competencies
to Tatarstan public by Federal Deputy Prime-Minister Maxim Akimov and had
Regional President Rustam Minnikhanov express his invitation to the
subject-minister (Vice Prime-Minister of Tatarstan - InfoComm minister Roman
Shaykhutdinov) to prepare necessary proposals for organizing the process in a
successful scalable way. I will have to do more thinking and writing now so as
to try have this implemented first in my Republic, then across Russia.

I was given less than a minute during pre-Conference tour of the project stands
prepared by corporations and state enterprises (without slides or any visual
support), so I had to skim to the very facts and the value proposition that
would get their attention.

On a more tangible side, https://ru.wikimedia.org/wiki/Selet_WikiSchool that I
started back in 2016, will get support from the regional budget & thus expand.
Currently this is on the shoulders of a team consisting of high-school senior,
a University freshman and a sophomore/junior from one rural school.

regards,
farhad

--
Farkhad Fatkullin - Фархад Фаткуллин http://sikzn.ru/ Тел.+79274158066 /