Hello!

Do you or someone you know have some great communication skills or ideas to
offer the Wikimedia movement? If so, this might be an exciting opportunity
to engage with some high-level work for Wikimedia communications!

As we mentioned last month,[1] the Wikimedia Foundation's Communications
department is seeking 10-15 individuals to work with us over the next three
years to deepen our department's work with the community and increase
overall support for communications work across the movement.

If you are interested in joining the new 10-15 person Communications
committee, please send an email to gvar...@wikimedia.org by 17 April 2019
and include:

1. Acknowledgement that this is a three-year appointment and you are indeed
interested and able to serve.
2. Your community and staff (if you have any) usernames which you use on
Wikimedia projects. Also any information on other roles you may have within
the movement (please include both staff and volunteer roles). Please note
that you must be in good standing (ie. not blocked) on the wikis to
participate.
3. A brief statement on why you would like to serve on the Communications
committee, and in particular what you believe you can bring to the group
and what you hope to gain from the experience.
4. A brief statement on what ideas, if any, you have for what the new
Communications committee could do or how the Foundation could help support
its efforts.

If you are interested, but need a little more time to get your responses
together, no problem - just send me an email (gvar...@wikimedia.org) before
17 April 2019 so I know you are interested.

The inaugural committee will be selected by the Communications department
in the coming weeks.

We are hoping to find a diverse group of individuals from around the world
to bring their regional, cultural, and language expertise to our
communications work. Please share this invitation with others in your
Wikimedia networks and communities who you believe may be interested.

Thank you!
-greg

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communications_committee/Call_for_members_-_March_2019